February 4th, 2010
I am completely delighted to share that I’ve joined the fabulous group of YA authors known as the Girlfriends Cyber Circuit! So it’s with great pleasure that I introduce my first GCC post about my fellow Tenner, the fabulous Suzanne Young. Suz’s debut novel, THE NAUGHTY LIST, is the first in her hilarious Smitten Kittens series… and it’s on shelves TODAY!
Suzanne Young is a brilliant scientist. Not really. But she is a former middle school teacher turned zookeeper (mother). When Suzanne’s not fending off zombie squirrels or narrating her daughter’s Barbie soap operas, she can be found camping on the Oregon coast or writing obsessively.
Suzanne is the author of The Naughty List series coming February 4th, 2010 from Razorbill/Penguin. The Naughty List is about a group of cheerleaders who investigate cheating boyfriends. Which Suzanne never did. Or at least, not that you can prove.
Learn more at www.suzanne-young.blogspot.com
The Naughty List
As if being a purrfect cheerleader isn’t enough responsibility! Tessa Crimson’s the sweet and spunky leader of the SOS (Society of Smitten Kittens), a cheer squad–turned–spy society dedicated to bringing dastardly boyfriends to justice, one cheater at a time. Boyfriend-busting wouldn’t be so bad . . . except that so far, every suspect on the Naughty List has been proven 100% guilty!
When Tessa’s own boyfriend shows up on the List, she turns her sleuthing skills on him. Is Aiden just as naughty as all the rest, or will Tessa’s sneaky ways end in catastrophe?
The Naughty List. Is your boyfriend on it?
Look out for series:
What bloggers are saying about The Naughty List:
www.bookchicclub.blogspot.com: “Suzanne Young’s The Naughty List is a fast, original, and fun romp that fans of Ally Carter’s Gallagher Girls series will surely enjoy! Tessa is a wonderful, relatable character full of depth, quirks, and heart. A sure-fire hit!”
www.thestorysiren.com: “Espionage, lively cheerleaders, and very naughty boys… equal one debut that I found unputdownable!”
www.sharonlovesbooksandcats.com: “Holy cannoli! The Naughty List is one of the most adorable books I have ever read. Seriously people this book is just dripping in cuteness.”
Up Close and Personal
1. PURSUING YOUR DREAMS: Everyone has the ability to be extraordinary, they just have to embrace what makes them unique and special and pursue their dreams with passion and confidence! Was being a published author a dream of yours? If so, how does it feel to have achieved your dream?
You know, I can’t remember a time when I didn’t write. It seems my imagination always had a story to tell. More than the dream of being published, I’m so happy that all of my characters get to escape from my head. It’s scary in there.
2. CHANGING YOUR WORLD: Changing the world doesn’t have to mean finding a cure for cancer or creating lasting world peace (though it definitely can!). It just means finding a way that you can make the world a little better off for having lived here, whether it’s making a difference to one person or a million, to the earth, to animals… whatever is important to you. What is one way you would personally like to make the world a better place?
I hope to raise good, wonderful kids. I hope that my books can make people smile, and forget their problems for a little while. But more than anything, I want my stories to make girls feel good about themselves.
3. GRATITUDE: Gratitude is a huge part of the You 2.0 life. Taking a moment to count our blessings is the best way to remember what’s truly important (especially when life is hectic and crazy!). What are you grateful for?
WOW! Do you have an hour? Honestly, I truly am blessed. I live in a great place with an insanely talented group of friends. And after a really tough year, I’m grateful for my health, and my family’s unconditional love.
4. SECRET SQUEE MOMENT: What is the coolest thing that’s happened to you since becoming a published author?
At another author’s book signing, I brought my ARC to give to a friend. A girl next to me saw it and recognized it! She asked about it and I ended up giving her the copy because I was so excited. It was the first time I met anyone who was excited about The Naughty List coming out.
5. THE REAL DEAL: If you could go back in time and give your teen/tween self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Enjoy the time with your family. One day they won’t be there and all of those memories will become some of the things you cherish most in life.
Thanks to Suz for a terrific interview! And readers, be sure to pick up your copy of The Naughty List today!
Entry Filed under: Girlfriends Cyber Circuit
Cache directory "/home/content/k/c/a/kcass9/html/new/wp-content/plugins/ttftitles/cache" is not writable.Comments
One Response | Comments RSS